About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Limited Edition: Men's Holiday Topbox

I ended up getting the limited edition Men's Holiday Topbox (which will most likely end up in my husband's stocking this Christmas). Right now it looks like it is sold out :( but maybe they will do something similar in future. This was a one-time only shipment (cost $40 + tax, but I paid $30 + tax because I had a $10 credit). Why should us ladies have all the fun when it comes to Topbox?

The box
Wow! This box is the size of two regular Topboxes. Looking very sleek in its black packaging.

The contents of the Men's Holiday Topbox.
The value of this Topbox is supposed to be $109! Let's go through the items:

Bread and Butter Moisturizer and Shave Gel
Two full sized tubes of Bread and Butter facial moisturizer and natural shave gel (I wish both were a 3 month supply but oh well).

The Laundress' Crease Release spray and Aveda invanti shampoo/conditioner
This crease release spray by The Laundress' (full size) looks really interesting (I guess we'll see how this works on his shirts). And there's that Aveda shampoo/conditioner sample that came in a past Topbox - probably the item that is least likely to be used, but that's ok as it's the smallest sample.

Calvin Klein Encounter 
Ooh, I love this little bottle. This is a deluxe sample size of Calvin Klein's Encounter - mini-bottles of cologne work best for my husband as he only generally uses a tiny bit and they last forever!

Woody's Matte Hair Clay (full size)
I am curious to see how my husband will like this hair clay compared to his usual gel. I hope it works on the first go, because if he uses it once and doesn't like it, he probably won't try it again!

Fendrihan Ebony Stainless Steel Razor
I think this razor is the most luxe item in the box - definitely looks sharper than a regular Gillette!

Overall, good value for money - I definitely like how the majority of the products were full size. I would have liked to see a product card in the box, just like the women's version. I also like the fact that this was a one-time only shipment - I don't think my husband would do well with monthly boxes, as he likes to get just a few products and try them out over time. (Unless it is the Mystery Tackle Box - when it comes to fishing tackle, more is better!)

What do you think of this Men's Holiday Edition Topbox? Did you end up getting one for a man in your life?

14 comments:

  1. I got one for my dad. It's actually at the post office now waiting to be picked up. The box looks really sleek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - I love this packaging! Hope your dad likes his gift!

      Delete
  2. The one I ordered for my fiance just arrived now! I didn't realize how long the box was!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's huge! Too bad out regular topboxes aren't this big.

      Delete
  3. oh wow the box looks really long!!
    and the items are pretty good - my boyfriend would've enjoyed Aveda sample since he is worried about his receding hairline (dont tell anyone else!) haha
    but that razor looks awesome! very cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I'm sure your boyfriend's hair is just fine - men are nervous about that, eh? It was a pretty cool one-time box!

      Delete
    2. haha i agree :)
      by the way, i nominated you for a Liebster Award (not news to you i am sure) but here's the link: http://beauty-delights.blogspot.ca/2012/12/spotlight-liebster-award-x-4.html

      id post this on your newest post but i havent gotten my LB box yet!!

      Delete
    3. AAH! Thanks so much Helen! I will do a post on this soon and get set to answering all those questions!

      Delete
  4. that razor is amazing!

    theistyleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really nice - I like these much better than the disposables.

      Delete
  5. I only got a small packet of the crease release? Wonder why..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is odd. I thought the boxes were the same - did you get another different item or just the crease release but in a smaller package?

      Delete
  6. How much for this box ? $40 + tax ? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it was $40 plus tax. It looks like they are sold out on the website right now but hopefully they will do a similar box like this in future.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)