About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, December 31, 2012

NOTD: Happy New Year!

Wishing all my readers a very Happy New Year! Another year is gone and 2013 is upon us. Overall it was pretty good but I am looking forward to what the new year will bring. What's your New Years resolution? Mine is to go on a bit of a beauty product no-buy for a bit, other than my beauty boxes (as I've got lots to use up). We'll see how that goes!

For New Years, I've got my NOTD using Julep Ivy (shimmery blue-purple) with Vivien (champagne gold glitter) as an accent. 

Julep Ivy and Vivien (December Maven box)

Love it!

I think these colours naturally go together - the gold lights up the deep blue shade and the overall shimmer of the mani puts you in a celebratory mood! Plus the larger chunks of glitter in Vivien really look like champagne bubbles!

My hands get so dry this time of year. Any DIY tips or product faves to prevent this? Regular hand cream isn't cutting it for me - I need a hydration infusion! 

What's your New Year's NOTD?

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful colours! I was thinking of going with blue and gold as well, but my nails are still bare as of now...

    I don't think it gets quite as dry here as out East, but does cuticle oil work for you at all? Like the Julep stick we got in one of the Maven boxes? It's helped me out when I've needed a blast of moisture.

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that julep stick AND cuticle oil are both going on my wishlist. I have neither and they both look great. Happy New Year Jayne!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year 2013

    Here is the link for the Mystery box
    http://marsbar35.blogspot.ca/2012/12/julep-new-years-mystery-box.html

    Try Figs & Rouge 100% Organic Balm for your dry hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Marsbar! I can't seem to see your Mystery box post though,

      Oh! Thanks for the suggestion - a balm sounds extra moisturizing!

      Delete
    2. http://marsbar35.blogspot.ca/2013/01/julep-mystery-box-new-years.html

      Yes.. balm is great

      Also Fruit & Passions is another great one to try
      http://www.fruits-passion.ca/regenerating-hand-cream-coriander-olive-tree-40/

      Delete
    3. I'm checking it out! I do like Fruit and Passion - haven't been in there for awhile!

      Delete
  3. i've never used julep polishes, but they seem great! i just found your blog and followed :)

    jenxxhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenxx - thanks for the follow! I am becoming more and more of a fan of Julep, every month they come out with such great colours and their product selection is top line as well.

      Delete
  4. Pretty polish combination! Happy new year!

    Ps, in terms of dry hands.. I love the classic vaseline & gloves overnight routine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Aleeza! Sometimes DIY works just as well as commercial products...my aesthetician actually recommended olive oil to me :)

      Delete
  5. I nominated you for the VG Award http://lovinglifefun.blogspot.ca/2013/01/i-was-surprise-to-be-nominated-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Samantha! I will do a post on this soon, I promise :) Lots on the to-be-posted schedule, but I do love answering the questions.

      Delete
  6. I just had to get these 2 polishes too when add on time came. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do go nicely together! Great add on choices!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, I love it!!! It really does look good together! It's funny I used Vivien as well on my accent nail...but I really packed it on hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because it is a lighter shade you could do tons of coats of Vivien - it will really pop!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)