About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Palette Heaven! Quo Back to Basics and IT Naturally Pretty Essentials

Santa decided that I needed some palettes for Christmas so here's a peek of the Quo Back to Basics and IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials. Oh that Santa, he knows what a girl wants!

Quo Back to Basics

Ooh, shadow heaven!

 Close up of the colours
As other bloggers have pointed out, the Quo Back to Basics palette is a wonderful dupe for the highly coveted UD Naked palette, though at a much better price (UD is $60, whereas this lovely palette retails for only $25). And I know that Santa saved a few dollars extra (it was on sale for $22.99). A palette of this type should be in every beauty junkie's stash for creating all sorts of looks (natural, smoky, etc), and if you don't want to spend your dough on Urban Decay's, head on down to your local Shoppers Drug Mart to pick this baby up!

IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials palette (all wrapped with a bow!)

The palette

Your whole look!

Close up of the palette

IT Cosmetics came out with this travel palette and when Santa saw this as a showstopper on The Shopping Channel, it was a no-brainer! ($39.99 on Showstopper day; regular price $55.57). Just stash this in your travel bag or in your desk at work; it has everything you need to create your look (minus the mascara).  In the middle is a blush, powder, and bronzer, on the left is eyeshadow primer and concealers, on the right are eyeshadows and along the bottom are lipglosses. I really like IT Cosmetics - I use their giant brush and Bye Bye Under-Eye concealer every day (see haul post here) and with this kit I get my own little makeup stash of IT to go!

I've got lots here to play with and experiment, and these should definitely see me through the New Year, when I try my best to go on a bit of a no-buy for a bit (outside my beauty boxes).

Do you have either of these palettes? What is your go-to palette? What is essential for you to have in a palette - just one product (eyes, lips) or a full look (face, eyes, lips)?

20 comments:

  1. What pretty palettes! I would LOVE to try the QUO one-looks fantastic & I love neutrals! Great post xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Quo is a pretty fantastic palette, huh?!

      Delete
  2. The IT palette looks amazing! Very usuable everyday colours! Good job Santa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your CAPTCHAS are back on?

      Delete
    2. It's such a fun little all-in-one set, and most of my other palettes are mainly for eyes. Yes, it's back on right now as I've had an influx of spam comments.

      Delete
  3. I bought the Back to Basics palette right when it came out and havent been able to find it since in my city. I love it!! Santa brought me the "all i ever wanted" nyx palette. it seriously has all i could ever want! going to do a blog post soon.
    :) chelsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's a great palette too! Will be looking forward to seeing your post on that one!

      Delete
  4. I am so temtped to by it because I have been wanting to try UD for awhile. Hmm perhaps I will make a trip to pharmaprix to see if they have any hanging around. Thanks for the heads up on this being a dupe for it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed the Quo palette being in a bunch of holiday displays in Shoppers, so check if it's in a display in the pharmaprix.

      Delete
  5. I love my Quo Back to Basics palette. The colors are gorgeous and that's my current go-to palette. Such a great dupe for UD's Naked Palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They did a really good job with it! And you can't beat that price!

      Delete
  6. I really want to try this palette! I'm reading such great reviews on it! :)
    natalielovesbeauty.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also found out about it initially through blog reviews so I decided to try it out!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I wonder if they will come out with more palette dupes? :)

      Delete
  8. Quo Back to Basics so looks like the naked palette, I wish I was able to pick this up! You are so lucky you got a deal on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the mini-sale clinched it - that palette dupe must be mine! :)

      Delete
  9. Liking the IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Essentials palette;I'll keep on eye on the shopping channel for this.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)