About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, December 14, 2012

*SPOILER* Winter Edition Loose Button Luxe Box



After what seemed like forever (I can barely remember my fall edition Luxe Box!) my Winter Luxe Box has arrived! I'm so glad it came before Christmas, because for a time there, it looked like it would come in January. I didn't even get a tracking number, this just showed up at my door!

The Luxe Box

Like the fall edition, the winter edition came in this lovely long creamy box with the Loose Button logo.

Personalized sticker on product card envelope


Opening up the box
This season's items that I received
This time instead of the cloth, all of the products came in this cute (and practical) satiny drawstring bag.

All the goodies
Going through each of the items...

Loose Button Kabuki Brush
In the fall edition box, Loose Button included their branded scrub pad, this time they sent a Kabuki Brush. It's actually quite nice - very soft! (as opposed to that scrub pad).

Donna Karan Woman fragrance (7 ml)
I'm actually a huge fan of Donna Karan and I do like this fragrance - the card says it has notes of orange and sandalwood. Love the mini-bottle too - very pretty!

Love that bottle!
Lancome Hypnose Star Mascara mini
One of my favourite samples in the box - I've been wanted to try the Hypnose Star mascara for months now, but I didn't want to buy full size, as these beauty boxes have taught me, sample first and then buy if you love it. So we'll see how this goes!

Elizabeth Grant 3 in 1 eye treatment (15 ml)
I'll give this eye cream a try, but I'm pretty happy so far with my B. Kamis (which was in the fall LuxeBox) and Dermalogica creams. Though Elizabeth Grant generally is a good company (and has lots of deals on the Shopping Channel).

Dermalogica PreCleanse (15 ml)
About a month or so ago, Loose Button sent out those "first in line" emails where you could pick one of three products to be in this Luxe Box. I chose the Dermalogica PreCleanse, as I haven't yet tried this from their line and overall Dermalogica works really well for me (especially their Skin Smoothing Cream - heaven!)

Keratase Cristalliste Lumiere Liquide (3 ml)
Besides the Lancome mascara, this is the other product I'm most excited about in this box. I got this same sample from my giant Birchbox haul in the summer, and just used this sample a few weeks ago. I LOVE how my hair looks afterwards - very smooth and sleek with nice body. I generally don't get many compliments on my hair as I don't like to style it too much (flat ironing fries my fine hair), but just this + blowdrying and I had people ask, "What did you do to your hair? Looks great!" They thought I went to the salon! I was sad when I finished the vial so I'm very happy to receive another in this box.


China Glaze polish in "Always a Lady" (full size)
A lovely light pink polish from China Glaze. Somehow I think I would wear this colour more in spring than winter, but nevertheless a nice shade.

Mereadesso all-in-one moisturizer
This Mereadesso product was formerly Face and Neck Toning Gel - and it claims to take the place of "every other moisturizer, toner, serum, primer, day cream, night cream and eye cream you own". Definitely a lofty claim - I'm intrigued so I'll give it a shot for sure. Three 7 ml samples were included in the cardboard box.

As an added bonus, a 6-month Flare subscription is included with this Luxe box. You can also request a refund for the value of the subscription ($7.00) if you don't want it. I already get Flare and would actually like an extension on my subscription, so I think I'll end up keeping it.

Overall, this is not a bad box. As mentioned, I'm most excited about the Lancome mascara and Keratase serum samples. Is it worth the $26? I think so, but for those who want more makeup, this was not the box for it.

Even though I'm pretty happy with this box, I ended up cancelling my Luxe Box subscription a few weeks ago, so this is my last box. It is mainly because I don't want my beauty box subscriptions to get out of hand, and I had to ask myself which ones I really liked and wanted to keep. It's not that I don't like Loose Button, I just like other boxes a bit better (Starbox - amazing products (all makeup) and AMAZING customer service,  BB5 - best value, ipsy - great selection of products, Topbox - best price for a Canadian box with great brands, etc). The one thing I found I wasn't crazy about with Loose Button is their switch over to seasonal boxes - I was really wanted the next box much sooner and the wait in between was slightly too long. I will definitely keep up with what they do in future though!

What do you think of the Winter Luxe Box? What did you get in your version? What do you think of Loose Button overall?

21 comments:

  1. Ooh, I want to try that Lancome mascara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually had it on my Sephora wishlist for months so very glad it came in this box!

      Delete
  2. Stopping by from the "Beauty Blog Hop" and just followed you! Hope you can come by and visit some time, maybe follow back if you like what you see ;-)

    xoxo Keke (Pakize)

    http://madamekeke.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome box! I hope I get a better box this time around, my last one overloaded me with hair products :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meh - I don't like it either when there's an overload of items in the box - (unless it's mostly makeup of course!) I have so many hair products from these beauty boxes I don't buy anything at the store except for shampoo.

      Delete
  4. Oooh, I wonder if that's what's waiting for me at the post office! Great box Margo and I think I will be using that drawstring bag for laundry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely a useful item - much more than the tiny Glymm bags.

      Delete
  5. Very nice box, I hope that I get a good one! I wasn't very happy with mine last time.. fingers crossed though! It really does seem like forever, I wish that it was still monthly because it was my favorite sub before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm still not entirely sure why they made the switch to seasonal - I like the monthly concept much better. Hope the winter box is better than your last one!

      Delete
    2. Was very happy with mine :) Eyeko mascara,Essie in She's Pampered, B Kamins Day Lotion, Kerastase Cristalliste, Donna Karan Woman, Dermalogica Precleanse, Schwarzkopf Dust It and the kabuki. Wish we didn't have to wait so long for the next though :(

      Delete
  6. You receive some great products this month :) I especially like the kabuki brush!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really soft - I find these brushes great for travel.

      Delete
  7. Now, I'm really excited to try the Keratese. How long did it last?

    I never received the Flare (or $7 credit) wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made that tiny vial last for about a week and a half. I only used a little bit though but it was enough to make a difference!

      Maybe try emailing about the Flare, but I do think it takes awhile to hear back from them.

      Delete
  8. i dont think the winter box is good...sorry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't be sorry! It's your opinion :) What didn't you like about this month's box?

      Delete
  9. Not impressed with them at all... to each is own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for reminding me about the Flare!
    my box is quite different from yours. mine is a bit underwhelming... and my dermologica sample was open too.
    that China Glaze is a very pretty pink!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have read threee blogs today where the writer is planning to unsubscribe from Luxebox because she does not like the quarterly format. I will also be unsubscribing for the same reason; it' so much more fun to receive a monthly box. (Unfortunately the monthly box services have waiting lists.) In addition, the price per sample is higher with the new quarterly boxes. When I originally subscribed to Luxebox they stated that the box would contain deluxe sized samples. Althugh some were deluxe or even full sized, many were not different than what one can get for free in a store (e.g, 1ml fragrance samples or 3 ml moisturizer samples). I note that their website now
    says trial sized samples.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, it's funny how they changed that on the site! I was happy with my fall box but you're right, it's much more fun monthly. I don't think Glymm and Glossy have waitlists; I don't have either right now but from other blog posts I see that Glossy is still heavy on the drugstore items (large sizes though) and the December Glymm box was actually pretty impressive (many makeup items). We'll see what they do in the New Year!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)