About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, January 11, 2013

Glamour Doll Eyes December OTM

This post is a bit late but it's a good one, I promise! I've known about Glamour Doll Eyes for some time now; she is based out of  Las Vegas and has awesome, awesome, awesome eyeshadows. Check out her site for the full collection. Glamour Doll Eyes has an OTM (Of The Month) which showcases a fun shadow (and possibly extras) each month. This subscription sells out SUPER QUICK, and on the 8th of every month new subscriptions open. The price is around $6 plus $2-3 for shipping. (For more info on OTM's go here). I was not quick enough to snag the January OTM, but I was fortunate enough to get the December one and that's what I'm swatching today. December's OTM had a bit extra so it was a bit more money - it was $12 for me all in.

December OTM (love the hot pink box!)
What's inside


Product card
 Let's see what I got!

Ooh lots of fun stuff to try!
First, the eyeshadows...

Such cute little containers
Laced with Snow, Cat in a Parka and You've Got Coal (love the names)

So pretty!
Here's the swatches:

Top: Laced with Snow; Middle: Cat in a Parka; Bottom: You've Got Coal

These are seriously nice shadows - excellent pigments and the colours are gorgeous! (On a side note, even though these containers did not come with sifters, I didn't experience a colour explosion when opening them; all the pigments stayed nicely in their containers).

In the December OTM, sneak peek sample colours were included too!

Some shades from January's Halo Collection
"Unveil" and "Undressed" 
Swatch it up!
Two more lovely shades. The product card says that this collection brings "neutral to the next level".  I think I'm more partial to "Undressed" as I like the hint of shimmer it has!

A highlighter sample was also included:

Eye Bright highlighter 
Swatch of the Eye Bright
According to the product card, this highlighter can be used to highlight the brows/inner corner of the eyes. I love to use shimmy white shadow in the corner, now I will try this! It is very soft and creamy, blends well.

Glamour Doll Eyes also included two products from other companies...a Sedona Lace blending brush(yay!):


Sedona Lace Tapered Blending Brush 863.
Soft...and love the bristle colours!
And, a sample of Polar Bear Kisses lipstick from Kiss My Sass:

Great colour!

Swatch of the lipstick
Whaddya think?
I love this colour - a deep pinky-red and the pigment smells like sweet candy! It wears for several hours as well.

And that's it! A lot was packed into that little box. My first Glamour Doll Eyes OTM is a hit - it's such a fun little beauty box with lots to play with and experiment. I think my favourites are the shadows though - absolutely gorgeous shades. I also really appreciate how ingredients for each of the products are listed, either on the product itself or on the product card.

If you want to get your mitts on one of the next OTM's, I suggest you go to the OTM page and sign up for the mailing list. An email is sent out before the subs go live, and you can pick your subscription option at that time (1 month, 2 months, 3 months, etc). Subscriptions usually open on the 8th of the month, so put that on your calendar as well. There's also fun full size and sample size eyeshadow collections you can try if you don't want to wait for an OTM spot to open up.

10 comments:

  1. oh this looks like a ton of fun!! such pretty colors and affordable too! i really like Cat in a Parka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be my favourite of the three colours too, though it's hard to pick. It is quite affordable too - a combination of the awesome shades and price is probably why this sells out so quickly!

      Delete
  2. These swatches are amazingly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely at the top of shadows I've gotten from beauty boxes so far!

      Delete
  3. Definitely have to get around to this sub :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get yourself on her mailing list, and stalk the site on the 8th of the month! If you're by a computer when they go live you have a good chance of getting one.

      Delete
  4. Omg I want this! Thanks for sharing it with us. Never heard of this company, I love that they included a brush with it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun bonus, eh? It's actually my first Sedona Lace brush too!

      Delete
  5. Hope that I can get one in February! This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be curious to see future months as I know the December box had a few more items then usual, so I want to know what a regular box looks like!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)