About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Liebster Award x2




Who-hoo! I've been nominated again for the fabulous Liebster award again by the fabulous and wonderful Chelsey at my beauty full adventure and Helen at beauty delights. If you don't read and follow these lovely ladies do so right this very minute!

Helen explains a short history of the award in her post here. This award has taken off  - now the number 11 is very prevalent; basically, you answer 11 facts about yourself, answer 11 questions that the nominating blogger posed to you, and ask 11 questions to the 11 other bloggers you nominate! People have modified this though to suit their needs.

I have decided to follow a combination of what Chelsey and Helen answered (using an 11/5 combo) - I will post 5 facts about myself, answer 11 questions from Chelsey and 11 from Helen and nominate 5 bloggers with 5 questions for this award who have less than 300 followers. Phew!

Ready, set, go!......




......Five random facts about myself:

1. I believed in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny until I was 8 years old. (Even now, I'm still secretly hoping that Santa exists. Why would NORAD go through all that trouble to track him every year otherwise? Just to make kids happy? Please!)
2. I make up silly songs and sing them to my cats (Whaaaat? Doesn't everyone do this? ;)
3. In order to get up the nerve to break up with a past boyfriend, I watched the entire 6 1/2 seasons of Sex and the City (it inspires "go girlfriend" confidence!)
4. I daydream a lot. Perhaps constantly. I tell myself this is great plot and character development for the book I say I'm going to write (and have been saying for at least 15 years).
5. I really want to be in a musical some day - like community theatre. Though it takes A LOT of practice and time, which school is really eating into. When will I be finished? Feels like never!


.......Eleven questions from Chelsey:

1. What makeup essentials do you wear on a daily basis? Concealer, BB cream and mascara - that's my minimum!
2. How often do you shop for makeup? Window shop...all the time. Purchasing is getting much less frequent, thankfully, perhaps a few times a month (other than my beauty box subs).
3. What is the one beauty item you have an excessive amount of? Lipglosses. I'm afraid to count them up, actually!
4. If you could choose the decade you'd want to live in right now, what would it be? 80's hands down.
5. Reason behind your blog's name? I chose CityGirl when I started because I wanted to write about a slice of life living in the city. That turned into book reviews and now here I am blogging about beauty...but the beauty part has been the most fun! It is still neat to look back on old posts though.
6. Mac or Windows. Don't hate me but I don't like Apple. This stems back to when I was a kid and we had an old 80's Macintosh. All my friends had PC's and they would make fun of that Apple. I couldn't even play computer games, only use that crummy paint program.
7. Favourite TV show at the moment and why? Game of Thrones. Watch the first few episodes and you'll surely get hooked! I can't wait for the 3rd season to start - I literally subscribed to HBO so I could watch on the comfort of my tv when each episode comes out.
8. What book are you reading at the moment and would you recommend it? I just finished The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling. It is definitely a 180 from Harry Potter, but I actually quite liked it.
9. Sample Boxes, yay or nay? Still yay. The U.S. ones are getting better than most of the Canadian ones though. Canadian boxes- step up your game!
10. What influenced you to decide to become a blogger? Well initially I just wanted to write more but I switched to beauty because as someone wrote on a youtube post "watching {beauty box unboxing} videos are so oddly entertaining". I totally agreed, signed myself up for some boxes and the beauty fiend in me took off!
11. What is your favourite season? Definitely autumn. Pumpkin, apple cider, leaves changing colours, scarves and jaunty hats...oh my!

........Eleven questions from Helen:

1. What is the first perfume you ever purchased? I think it was Love's Baby Soft. Oh yeah!
2. Favourite Disney movie? Does Toy Story count? Disney owns Pixar, right? Or how about Toy Story 2 - when Wheezy the penguin gets put on the shelf because his squeaker doesn't work and then the mother puts him in the garage sale. How cruel!
3. If you could only eat one type of meat for the rest of your life (pork, chicken, beef) what would it be? Hmmm, I will go with chicken. When you don't know what something tastes like, it usually tastes like chicken. And chicken tastes like chicken. So really I'm just eliminating a step and going straight to the source.
4. Where do you do most of your online shopping? Ummm, I don't want to incriminate myself because I'm trying to cut my spending, so I will just say I love window shopping online at Sephora. I could browse that store for days!
5. Favourite TV series (old or current). Old: many, but today I'm thinking Fresh Price of Bel Air. New: Game of Thrones (you know it!)
6. What colour are most of the nail polishes you own? I think I'm pretty even in my polish stash, but I probably have a tad more pinks, purples and blues.
7. If you could dye your hair any colour and it will only last one day and it does not damage your hair at all, what colour would you dye it? Can I cut it as well? Then I'd do a crazy rainbow mohawk just for kicks - but my hair better be back the next day!
8. Would you rather be stuck wearing the same coloured eyeshadow the rest of your life or the same lipstick/gloss? Would have to be the same lipstick/gloss - I usually go for a neutral mouth for everyday look (and have about a bazillion nude glosses) but like to change up my shadow.
9. Favourite snack? I love those Crispy mini rice cakes in butter popcorn. I have to watch it though, that bag'll go fast otherwise.
10. Do you have a plan of survival for a zombie apocalypse? Yes, it is somewhere between Night of the Living Dead (original movie) and Shaun of the Dead. Basically I want to survive and end up at a pub sharing a pint at the end of the day. If any of the zombies behave and don't eat me (which is counter-intuitive for zombies, but just saying) then they can share in the pint as well. I'll have a Guinness, please.
11.Ryan Gosling or Ryan Reynolds? Ryan Reynolds. Full stop. Thankyaverymuch!


......And the nominations are (in no particular order):

Candice at Mirror Image: A Beauty-Full blog
Anna at Makeup and Masala
Aleksandra at Plumpish Beauty
Lucy at Simply Blushed
Laura at The Diniwilks 


.......Your questions are (should you choose to accept this mission):


1. If you had to pick one country to live in the rest of your life (and it can't be the country you currently make a home in) where would it be and why?
2. Pick one makeup brand that you would gladly wear the rest of your life. Why do you love it?
3. What character of a novel or movie do you really relate to?
4. Facebook or Twitter?
5. Riddle me this. You move to a new town and it's time to get your hair cut. The town only has two hairstylists. You go to the first one; her hair is cut horrendously, it's messy, sloppy, uneven and basically looks like a weed-whacker hit it. You drive to the second stylist. Her hair is clean, neat, cut perfectly and looks like a million bucks. Which stylist do you go to and why?


Well this was a monster post! Now I know why I haven't gotten started on that novel yet :)




10 comments:

  1. awww Thank you so much!! I will get to this Margo, I keep promising everyone who graciously has given me this award and I feel terrible I haven't yet. Hopefully, epic post on Saturday!

    I looooved Shaun of the Dead!!! The record throwing seen I needed a paper bag to help me breathe! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These posts definitely take a while to write, but I did have fun answering the questions. I look forward to reading your post!

      Shaun of the Dead is pretty amazing eh? Instant classic!

      Delete
  2. I am new to your blog and I'm so glad I found it! I invite you to check mine out! I hope you have a great week! =)

    -Heidi Harlequin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by - will check out your blog as well :)

      Delete
  3. this was such a fun read!! thanks for doing this!! you are actually the only person who did my questions so hooray! :) i loved reading your answers.
    haha so how long did it actually take you to watch 6 1/2 seasons of SATC?
    Toy Story counts! i remember being afraid of it actually when i watched it the first couple times.. the spider baby and the barbie leg was frightening.
    especially love your answers about chicken and zombies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I remember watching like 4 episodes a night and a bunch on weekends so not too long. I really powered through them and they did help me to get to a better place relationship-wise.

      Those were such odd creatures...and quite freaky! That Barbie leg especially - headless!

      Those were my two favourite answers too :) tried to inject a bit of humour, glad it worked!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the nomination for makeupandmasala!!!,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! You're welcome, you have an awesome blog!

      Delete
  5. I've always wondered about your blog's name although I probably could have guessed! "Cosmetic Proof" was meant to refer to math proofs and the idea was that if I liked something, I would demonstrate why a product was good and say "QED, this product has been COSMETICally aPROOFed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I always thought it referred (in a tongue and cheek kinda way) how much alcohol was in something, but putting a cosmetic spin on it, i.e the more cosmetic proof a product is, the more intoxicated you get by the sheer awesomeness of it! :)

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)