About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, February 15, 2013

Extra! Extra! Beauty news - new Julep Maven style profile

In beauty news today, Julep Maven has announced that they will be retiring the American Beauty style profile and putting a new profile in its place - Modern Beauty. This will begin with next month's Maven box (March).

part of the email that was sent to subscribers

If your default style profile is American Beauty, you have the option of switching to a new profile if you want to keep your monthly box full of polish rather than product, and any style profile can switch to make Modern Beauty the default (if you can't get enough of beauty products!) You will also have the option to try a new style each month like usual, so you can opt-in to a Modern Beauty box if you like it best that month.

So...what do you think? My reaction is a bit mixed - I kinda like how they are going to have a product-only box in future months, as I really love Julep products, and I had a feeling they were going to do something like this since they were really getting on the product bandwagon (creams, scrubs, mascara, lipgloss, etc). In this way Julep can also branch out and target people who are not polish-obsessed and still cater to them. And some months after getting my Maven box, plus add-ons, the secret store and maybe a mystery box, I feel like I'm on polish overload and that's when I tend to skip the next month. This way, there's another option that won't contribute to the polish hoard going on ;) But...no more American Beauty? I will be sad to see it go, as it was a great classic option month after month.

According to the email, the first Modern Beauty Box will have Rock Star hand cream and Glycolic hand scrub. I'm thinking these products will also be available as add-ons, but we'll have to wait to the 20th to see!

Right now, I'm going to keep my IT girl default style profile and see what the Modern Beauty profile has to offer in months to come. What about you? Is this new style profile right up your alley? Or are you a polish fiend and will probably never opt-in to get it? Are you sad to see American Beauty go? Or is it sayonara sister! - out with the old and in with the new?

6 comments:

  1. Rock Star hand cream seems interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering about the scent of this cream as well!

      Delete
  2. I like the nail polish aspect and you're right, if I want the makeup products, I'll just add them on, but I love Julep for the nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still think of Julep as primarily a polish sub but yeah, after a few days I think I'm quite liking the product-only part as well, especially since they have such great products.

      Delete
  3. I like Julep will get more products other than Polishes. I am pretty sure they will do better because they have a high standard to products. I don't need polishes every month... If I can try their other beauty items that I will consider to try and buy. They are now having a large amount of users and those are potential buyers and preparing to spend money in their site every month. Why don't create more to sell? Smart to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, Julep is the best at listening to their customers and giving choice - I'm sure they have had this request loads of times and they will target even more potential customers with this new Modern Beauty offering.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)