About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Glitzology Cupcake Oil and Mmm...Sprinkles.

Well, I jumped on the Glitzology bandwagon after seeing lovely swatches on other blogs of this brand and hearing great things. Stacy offers discounts quite frequently, and on one of these sales I picked up some Cupcake (cuticle) oil and a polish to try out, Mmm...Sprinkles!

Cupcake Oil
This stuff is fabulous! Not only is the cuticle oil extremely moisturizing, which is fabulous in freezin' February, but it smells exactly like vanilla birthday cake...nom, nom, nom. It does have to be applied regularly though to maintain smooth and soft cuticles. Retails for $4.50 regular price (I got mine half off).

Mmm...Sprinkles
This was the polish I chose, Mmm...Sprinkles. Kinda keeping with the baked goods theme! It is a pink glitter base with multi "sprinkles" in it - and reminds me a lot of the doughnuts that Homer eats on The Simpsons. Retails for $8.50 (also got this half-off).

Look at that sparkle!
Swatch of Mmm...Sprinkles
I did a mani with this polish as a double accent nail, and while I love how it turned out, unfortunately because it is so glitter-heavy, Mmm...Sprinkles chipped after only 12 hours (I had to remove it completely after 2 days because the chips were so large).

Natural light (with Julep Charlotte on other nails)

Artificial Light
Apologies for my rough-looking cuticles...I neglected to put on more of that cuticle oil before snapping these pics! Winter and my hands are not friends :(  Anyway, you can see the chips already starting, this is about 12 hours after first application.

This only diminishes my love of Glitzology polish a teeny bit...and really I should have expected the chipping. Glitter-packed polishes like Sally Hansen gem crush, OPI Burlesque and Muppets collections chipped as well in about a day, so it's good to remember that if you are doing a glitter-heavy mani for a special event, do it as close to the event as possible! This won't deter me from ordering again from Glitzology, but I will probably use her polishes when I only want a certain look on my nails for a day or so. Others on my wishlist for the future include Priscilla, Diamonds and Pearls, Violate and the one I'm really lusting after...Trashy Ballerina!

Do you have any Glitzology polishes? What are your favourites from her collection? Any tips to make glitter polishes last longer?


12 comments:

  1. I've tried guardian angel, crunch berries, and nebula! I love glitters :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had my eye on crunch berries too! Such fun polishes :)

      Delete
  2. Mmm.. Sprinkles looks so fun! I've picked up 8 of her polishes now :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oil sounds delicious! Anything that smells like cake is aces in my books! Also the glitter polish looks gorgeous!

    gl0ssi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know ;) - I am definitely a baked goods fan - those are my favourite candle scents too!

      Delete
  4. I just ordered a bunch of stuff from Glitzology last night, including the cuticle oil! So excited to get it! Everything looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, whadidya get? You'll love the oil for sure!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. It is very fun - indie polishes are so cool to try out.

      Delete
  6. I might have to try this cuticle oil. I'm all for things that smell yummy! I like the polish but I hesitate to get it for myself because of what a pain that's gotta be to remove, even with the foil method!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The removal was actually not too bad - probably because it already chipped :( The smell of the cuticle oil is unbelievable, especially if you love baked goods scents!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)