About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Coastal Scents ipsyme promo palette

As mentioned in my last post (my February ipsy bag), I mentioned that they recently started a service (still in beta) called ipsyme on their facebook page. This lets glam bag subscribers and waitlisters who facebook connect to be eligible to purchase limited-time offers and beauty deals. Their first event happened on Feb 21, where it was a 2 minute (!) sellout for the Coastal Scents 252 ultimate palette, (for the serious makeup fanatic). Coastal Scents regularly sells this palette for $24.95 (plus shipping) but ipsy had a limited amount for 48% off ($12.95) and free shipping on this first offer! I gave it a shot and was one of the lucky ducks who got one before the sellout - here's some pics of this awesome palette.

The 252 palette box
The palette box (ooh, it's hefty!)
The three palettes inside
All three palettes are stacked inside and are removable from the outer box with pink ribbon tabs. All these colours together - it's like a work of art!

Let's have a close up!







Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. This is like striking eyeshadow gold! What is really neat is that every shade in the box can be purchased individually as a hot pot from Coastal Scents, which makes this a good set to try out and experiment with different makeup looks. The individual shadows measure 0.3"; kind of tiny, but there is just so much colour selection to choose from, ranging from matte to shimmer finishes. Do I need any more palettes after getting in on this deal? Probably not! and I should look back on this post when getting palette-fever again :)

Even though this was a one-time deal, there is a couple days left to get the 25% off your order deal ipsy is offering on the Coastal Scents website - just enter code Ipsy25 at checkout (expires March 7/13 after 4 pm EST). This palette at 25% off is not too shabby either!

11 comments:

  1. wow, so many possibilities! have fun :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - it's a eyeshadow lovers dream!

      Delete
  2. awesome deal! I don't know how i'd ever come close to using everything in the palete though :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of shadows! Thank god they're small, but still. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow Great deal! You're going to have fun with that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the colours of the rainbow...and then some. This is seriously the Cadillac of palettes ;)

      Delete
  4. Lucky, Lucky you! :D I totally forgot and when I saw it sold out in 2 minutes I wasn't too hurt. Besides...I have ALL of the palettes from BH...I don't need this right? They use the same supplier. :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And shop your stash - go back to those BH palettes and create a fun look. I will go back to this post when I get the urge for another palette!

      Delete
  5. Awesome deal! Can you do a post on the quality of the shadows, pigmentation etc? I wanted to try one of these palettes but I would like to hear your review first :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure - when I try it out I will do another post; I like to wear a few for a whole day to see if there's any fading, how it works over primer, etc.

      Delete
  6. oh my, the possibilities are endlessssss!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)