About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, March 15, 2013

Spring Fortune Cookie Soap Box

It may still look like this outside....


But spring has definitely sprung inside via the Fortune Cookie Soap Box!

The Spring Box
Oh yeah!

List of products inside
Let's go through this fun box!

Bath Fizzy and Bath Salts
This bath fizzy unfortunately is quite crumbly, but fortunately scented so nice, like melon. It is called "The Birds and the Bees" and is shaped like a little Easter Egg. Too cute! The Bath Salts are in the scent "Kiss my Vine", which translates into the scent of Strawberries and Champagne.

Body Lotion and candle
This time around, their whipped cream lotion sample is called "Honey Dew Me" and smells like a blend of melon (watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe). Their cream is actually one of my favourite products, and this scent does not disappoint! The tea light is called "Down to Earth" and smells like lavender and basil - it's really lovely actually.

Spray lotion and Hand Sanitizer 
Ok, if you thought they were being cheeky with the other names of products...check these out. "I wet my plants" is a spray lotion (fun concept) and it smells like melon, jasmine and baby powder. This is probably my least favourite scent in the box, as it's a bit too heavy on the baby powder for my liking. The OCD hand sanitizer is called, get this, "Dirty Hoe" and smells like misty, earthy rain. Honestly, where do they come up with these names? ;)

Fortune Cookie Soap and Shimmer Stick
Last is their signature Fortune Cookie Soap (which is my second favourite of their products, right behind the body lotion) - this one is called "Late Bloomer" and smells like hibiscus, berry, amber and vanilla - it is a treat! The texture is a bit rough and it has some shimmer to it (see picture below). The shimmer stick is in "A Nod to the Hippies" and it is definitely patchouli scented. I swiped this on last night and initially didn't like it, then after an hour or so, it kind of grew on me and now I'm really loving this scent! It gives a subtle shimmer to skin but I think it is more so like a solid perfume stick.

Soap close up - you can kind of see the rough/shimmery bits.
This was a great soap box, and I really like almost all of the products, (just not completely sold on the scent of the spray lotion). The names of the products in this box are unreal, and made me laugh. Fortune Cookie Soap is down like that! I like getting this box every few months; the essence of the season are captured in these goodies and the timing of the boxes makes sure I don't o.d. on bath products (which, I can't say the same for with my beauty/makeup boxes!)

If you're curious to try the Soap Box you can check it out here; these boxes ship 4 times a year and are $19.99 each (U.S); $28.00 each (Canada); $34.00 each (International). Each box also comes with a $10 discount code for future orders on the Fortune Cookie Soap site.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It must be hilarious in the meetings where they throw around product name ideas!

      Delete
  2. This was the first Soap Box I received and I LOVED it!! The product names were great and everything smelled so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was like Spring in a box - I find their bath and body products overall to be good quality, and I like how we can sample all the new seasonal scents first before purchasing.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)