About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

April Beauty Swap

So like my fab Easter swap last month, I participated in a beauty swap again this month. I met with Samantha this past Saturday at Yorkdale for the Make Up Forever Remix event and we exchanged swap packages there as well. The MUFE event was so much fun, basically you pre-booked a 1/2 hour time slot (via facebook) and a MUFE make-up artist gave you mini-tutorials on how to create different looks. You could use their cosmetics, or bring your own makeup bag for tips on how to use the products you already own. I brought my own makeup (2 bags in fact!) but also tried a few MUFE products as well. My make-up artist was Dannica, and she was so lovely, she spent over the allotted time with me and I learnt highlighting and contouring techniques, how to create a bright, colourful eye look, winged eyeliner and defined brows. it was really informative! Samantha and I also browsed Sephora before and after our appointments (of course!) and I picked up a few items that I tried out in my MUFE tutorial. But, more on what I got in a later post...right now I want to share my April beauty swap package with you!

My April swap - packaged so pretty!
I spy lots of beauty goodies inside!
Wow! Lots of cool stuff.
Freeman Chocolate and Strawberry Clay Mask; Masker-Aide Detox Diva
Yes! I love face masks - it's 10 minutes for me to sit back and relax and just chill, while cleaning, softening and toning my skin. Freeman is one of my favourites - I love all their skin/body care products and I don't have this particular mask. Masker-Aide - well of course! Ever since trying these masks out in my beauty boxes I love them - quick and easy and my skin feels great after use.

Cake Milk Made hand/cuticle buffer, L'Occitane Verbena Shower gel and body lotion, Simple eye makeup remover
Cake products are awesome (It's a Slice and Desserted Island lotions are two of my faves) and this is something I haven't tried from them - a sugar scrub for hands. Neat! The L'Occitane gel and lotion smell amazing - lemony sweet fresh, and I've been looking to try other products from this company after using their hand cream. And I find the Simple eye makeup remover to be a good cost-effective remover; I've already used 2 bottles of this stuff previously and I like how it is not very greasy.

Nicole by OPI Selena Gomez Sweet Dreams; China Glaze Bitz 'N Pieces Bling it On; OPI mini Euro Centrale collection
in Oy - Another Polish Joke
Yay - nail polish! These are such gorgeous colours - Sweet Dreams from the Selena Gomez collection has silver, turquoise and blue-purple glitter pieces - it reminds of the Caribbean sea. And I don't have anything from the Bitz 'N Pieces collection (though I've looked at them time and time again whenever I'm at Sally Beauty). I wonder how it might look paired over "Oy- Another Polish Joke" from the OPI Euro Central Collection?

Werther's Originals and Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in 070 Cherry Tart.
Ok, so if you haven't tried the soft Werther's Originals - go to your nearest convenience store and pick up a pack! Samantha included two kinds in my swap box - original caramel and chocolate with soft caramel inside (yum!) I've tried out the Revlon Lip Butter (it's my first - *gasp* Shocker, I know) and I like how it gives just a hint of colour while keeping lips soft and moisturized. I wish the colour would have slightly longer staying power though.

Swatch of Lip Butter - Cherry Tart
So that's my fabulous swap with Samantha. Thanks so much, and I had a great time chatting and browsing in Sephora!


4 comments:

  1. Great swap! I loooove Werther's Originals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little candies are so decadent! Mmmm, caramel :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I know - it's such a pretty package, even a bow on top!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)