About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beauty swap with Jenny take TWO!

Jenny and I decided to do another beauty swap (for the first one, see my Easter swap here) and here's what I received this time...

Wow! I spy a great selection of fun products :)
Quo Lip Gloss Collection
Oooh, I just love this mini gloss collection from Quo. 10 different choices, definitely one to suit your mood everyday (cream, shimmer, glitters, nude or brights!)

Julep polish in Harper; Essence Vintage District in 02 Shopping at Portobello Road

These two polishes would work so well together - the vibrant cream of Shopping at Portobello Road with a glitter hint of Harper on top - or maybe glitter gradient? Either way I am excited to use these polishes! I especially like the name of the Essence; I've actually shopped on Portobello Road before in London so this colour brings me back there. On a side note, I find names of polishes to sometimes influence my purchasing decisions - what about you? Does the name of a colour evoke some significance or memory for you, influencing whether you buy it or not?

Essence Eyeshadow in Shrimp Me Up (another great name) and a soap sample from Cottage North
Soapworks
"Shrimp Me Up" (closer look)
 This is a gorgeous coral-pinky shimmer shadow; I think I would pair it with a neutral/cream to highlight. I quite like the brand Essence - I've found them to have overall good products at a great price point. Do you have any Essence products in your beauty stash? What are your favourites from this brand?

Russell Stover Caramel Chocolates; Reese mini peanut butter cups
And what swap package would be complete without a few chocolate treats? I love caramel, peanut butter and anything chocolate so a great selection here!

I'm actually finding that personalized beauty swaps where you both decide on an amount and each person takes into consideration their partner's wishlist of products, fave brands and preferences to be even more fun than beauty boxes sent by companies. You usually get a beauty parcel full of things you really like and there's the fun of surprising your swap partner with products/brands she likes. And it's a great way to connect with others in the beauty community. Best of all, there's no month-to-month commitment, swap only as often as you like.

Thanks again for another great swap Jenny!

Have you participated in a beauty swap before? Do you like swaps better than commercial beauty boxes?

7 comments:

  1. Great swap! I've participated in swaps a couple times before and I really enjoy them. I agree that they are more fun than beauty boxes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - more of a personalized box then those that companies send out and connecting with another beauty fanatic is really nice too!

      Delete
  2. I've never participated in a swap, though I'd like to some time. They definitely seem more fun than beauty boxes, since somebody is actually choosing these products just for you. I also agree with you that sometimes nail polish names influence my purchase, i.e. from the Katy Perry OPI collection, I only chose polishes named after songs I actually liked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - if I'm not a fan of a song or an actor or a show then I might pass by the polish. But sometimes even if I'm a bit "meh" on the colour, if I love the name for some reason, I'll scoop it up!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I ooh-ed and ahh-ed when I took it out of the box - glitters can be so fun!

      Delete
  4. I swapped with Jenny too :P The blush looks so fun (:

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)