About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, April 11, 2013

March Beauty Box 5

My March BB5 arrived a few days ago...what's inside this month's box?



La Fresh, H20+, Brazen Cosmetics and Tree Hut

Tree Hut Shea Body Lotion in Tropical Mango (full size is 9 oz for $6.49)
The first thing I noticed was the Tree Hut Lotion. Yes! I got the Tropical Mango body scrub in last month's box, and now here's the complimentary lotion. I like to pair my bath and body products with similar scents, so well done BB5! This lotion smells just as just as amazing as the scrub - fruity and fresh, and the lotion is oh so soft. Huge fan of this company :)

H20 + sea salt body wash (full size is 12.5 oz for $17.00)
Last month there was an H20+ shampoo included, and this month, two more H20+ samples - first, this Sea Salt Body Wash. This can be lathered up with a loofah, and it smells kind of marine-like and lemony - nice!

H20+ Aqua Firm Eye Lift Concentrate (sample size 0.13 fl oz -
full size 0.5 fl oz for $38.00)
The other H20+ product this month is their Aqua Firm Eye Lift. When I saw this as a spoiler on facebook, I was actually looking forward to receiving it - I've heard great things about their eye cream. This one has a very light, slightly floral scent - pleasant - and the cream is silky smooth. The full size is kind of pricey, so I'll just have to make this little tube last for awhile!

La Fresh Nail Polish Remover Wipes (x2) (Retails for $3.99 - 6 wipes)
This is the one product in this month's box I'm not overly enthused about - I find La Fresh Wipes to be too greasy for my liking. I also have polish remover wipes from Julep and Priti NYC that I like much better especially Priti - those wipes are excellent!)

Brazen Cosmetics Mineral Eyeshadow (0.18 oz is $7.49)
Colour I received is "Suburbia" 
Swatch of "Suburbia" 
"Suburbia" is a lovely brown shadow with flecks of gold, and as you can see in the swatch, has great colour payoff. I tend to like my mineral cosmetics to have sifters, otherwise it can get a bit messy, but thankfully this sample mostly stayed in the little jar. This is a good neutral colour.

The March BB5 box was not bad - I was really happy to see that eye cream and the body lotion, but I found since we got an H20 + product in last month's box and two in this months, there could have been a bit more variety. The La Fresh wipes are really my only "meh" item though.

If you'd like to subscribe to BB5, I've got a referral link, but if you'd rather not use my referral (no worries!) sign up here instead. Cost is $12/monthly, $30/quarterly, $100 yearly.

Did you get the March BB5 box? What did you think? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)