About Me

My Photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Friday, April 5, 2013

March Starlooks Starbox

Starlooks is one of the beauty boxes I'm keeping - love their products and their boxes each month! The March Starbox arrived a few days ago, so let's check it out!

March Starbox (tan and blue - nice colours!)
Product card (love that blazer!)
This month's selection
Out of the boxes
Starlooks called March a "mixed month" with both bold and neutral colours.

Eyeshadow in "Disarray" ($12 retail)
The first thing that caught my eye is this gorgeous shadow in navy blue. This is quite a dark colour but it's a nice change from the browns I typically wear. I would use gold shadow to accent this.

Swatch of the shadow - highly pigmented.
Lengthening mascara in black ($15 retail)
The second thing that caught my eye is the mascara - this is a new item for Starlooks and I've heard great things about it. I'm not going to test it at this time as I will be trying out my Clump Crusher mascara from my Easter swap first and I don't want it to dry out in the meantime. When I test it out I will let you know what I think!

Lip Sugar - sample (retail $2)
Starlooks also included a sneak peek product - their Vanilla Sugar lip scrub. This just needs to be rubbed over lips and then wiped off to make them baby-smooth and ready for lipstick.

Lip Sugar on lips
It smells delish and works really well! Now, where's some lipstick?

Lipstick in "Flutter" ($11 Retail)
Oh good - a nice bold colour is included in this month's box - Flutter is a rust-gold, bronzy-red with a touch of frost.

Swatch of Flutter on lips
Gorgeous! This will pair really well with a neutral eye - nice combo of products Starlooks! This lipstick goes on smooth and lasts for hours. I do like how it has a bit of frost; though I'm usually more of a cream lipstick fan, but this one has colour saturation with eye catching dimension.

Another fab box - Starlooks is here to stay!

As a teaser...I recently made my first Starlooks order (outside of the monthly boxes) and will do a post on those products in the near future.

If you'd like to sign up for the Starbox - you can do so via their website if you're in the U.S.; outside of the States just call or email. $15 +shipping per month (for Canada it is $7). Tell 'em CityGirl set you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)