About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, April 8, 2013

Quick NOTD - Holo fantastic!

Well, I've got a NOTD for holo fans - Glitter Gal Wisteria over Julep Harley. Check it out!

Julep Harley, Glitter Gal Wisteria in low light
Wisteria in sunlight - pretty even in the bottle!
Direct sunlight
Close up
This is nice, but I think it looks even better in artificial light...


Gorgeous!
Wisteria is a very light polish, on it's own, so I think using a base of metallic silver makes the holographic pop just a little bit more (and in low light the base coat is more defined). Wisteria is a very sheer purple, but it tends to reflect the colour that is underneath, so this particular mani looks more silver in hue. However, to bring out the purple a bit more, I would just place it over a purple base (Julep Charlotte is a fave). But with base colour or without, it's addictive to stare at in all different types of lighting! I give this combo a 10 :)

What's your favourite colour/brand of holos? Do you use a base colour ("undies") when applying holographic polishes?


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are definitely my nailpolish weakness!

      Delete
  2. I just got my first holo!!! I got Color Club's Halo-graphic. Color Club released a really great set of holos in January. I am also interested in trying Nubar's holos, but I heard they chip a lot. :( China Glaze also just released some holos but only 2 of them are really holo-y. I never thought of using a base under my holo but I may try that ...
    -Anna
    makeupandmasala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try a base, it can change the look :) I picked up one of the Color Club holos as well - Divinity I think it is...absolutely gorgeous!

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)