About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Favourites: Summer Skincare with Garnier

Now that summer's just around the corner, I wanted to share with you a few of my favourite skincare picks I use frequently in the warmer months. Oddly, these products are all Garnier (and this is not a sponsored post, these items are all from my own stash). I've used this brand over the years and it's a drug store staple for me - both for hair and skin. I tend to change up my skincare regime, makeup and nail colours seasonally, depending on the weather and my mood :) But as the temperatures climb, my skin needs especially change, and here's where these three products come in.

Garnier Moisture Rescue Gel Cream; Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleaning Foam; Garnier Body Hydrating Gel Cream
Garnier Moisture Rescue Refreshing Gel Cream
Swatch of gel cream for face (before it absorbs into skin)
This is a face "cream" that is actually in gel form, when applied to skin it takes about 30 seconds to fully absorb and then your face is literally hydrated all day. This gel can be used as a day cream/night cream, and why I love it so much in the warmer months is because it hydrates my dry skin (that is slightly less dry in spring/summer) but is not too thick or heavy. Usually, lighter-type creams do not sufficiently work on my dry skin, but this cuts dryness and doesn't make my skin look shiny (like some heavier creams tend to do). It also absorbs very fast and make my skin and makeup look fresh. It was hard to photograph a swatch of this gel, as when I applied it to my hand it absorbed quickly and just made me skin look slightly dewy, so I piled a bit more then I would normally use for the picture. If you're looking for a warm weather face cream I say give this one a go! (retails around $10-12).

Garnier Moisture Rescue Fresh Cleansing Foam
Swatch of Fresh Cleaning Foam
Garnier's Fresh Cleansing Foam goes with the Moisture Rescue line and comes in a huge, 200 ml bottle, which will last you a long time. It is lightly scented, and smells very fresh, when applied to your face it has the consistency of a cream, soft and rich. Massage a bit into wet skin and rinse. My face instantly feels really fresh and hydrated. I like this for warmer months because it feels so fresh and cooling on my skin and it also cleans very well, but gently and washes away the shine from my t-zone. It goes nicely with the gel cream (apply after washing with the foam) and this bottle retails for around $8-10.

Garnier Intensive 7 days Hydrating Gel-Cream
Swatch of Body Gel Cream

Another gel cream, this time for body. Another light, fresh and fruity fragrance, this gel cream absorbs very quickly into skin and hydrates very well. I use body lotion daily as my skin is always dry, but in the spring/summer I swap my thick body butters with a lighter cream, and this gel cream has the perfect light texture while still delivering lots of moisturization. Garnier claims that if you use this cream for 4 weeks and then stop, you would still feel hydration for 7 days afterwards. I can't confirm that claim, but it is a great daily body cream and has a fabulous price tag as well - $5-7 (250 ml) and sometimes you can find this on sale for even less ($2-4). I like the Grape Oil, but this gel cream also comes in other varieties like peach oil or aloe vera.

So if you're looking to change up your skincare routine for the spring/summer, give these products a try - tested and recommended by CityGirl!

Do you switch up your skin/hair/body/makeup products seasonally? What's some of your skincare picks for summer?


1 comment:

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)