About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Fortune Cookie Soap - Capitol Diamond and Magic is Coming

There was a bit of a glitch in getting my Summer Fortune Cookie Soap box this season, so when I emailed customer service about it, they gave me the credit for the box ($30). In lieu of that, I picked some items that I've wanted to try for awhile, and some from their new Magic line. Let's take a look at what I chose!


Capitol Diamond Whipped Cream and Body Wash, Magic is Coming Belle Whipped Cream and Mad
Hatter Soap, I Scream, You Scream soap sample.


Capitol Diamond Body Wash ($10.99 for 6 oz)

Capitol Diamond Whipped Cream ($10.99 for 5 oz)
The Capitol Diamond collection have been around since FCS did a Hunger Games line of products, and they kept a few of them in their core line (also see Tiny Tribute products). I've been wanting to try something from the Capitol Diamond section for awhile now, as I was intrigued by the scent description (mix of vanilla, citrus, cloves, coconut, berry) and oh yeah, am a huge Hunger Games fan. And I have to say, it's a pretty darn accurate scent description - as both the body wash and butter smell like a vanilla-berry coconut dream! I could definitely see Effie Trinket using something like this. Whipped cream body butters are one of my favorite FCS products; it moisturizes so well and the scent lasts and lasts.

Mad Hatter Fortune Cookie Soap ($3.79)

Belle Whipped Cream body butter ($10.99 for 5 oz)
FCS has very recently put out products based on the hit tv show Once Upon a Time. The line is called Magic is Coming.  I've actually never watched the show (have heard good things about it though), but a couple of the products caught my eye so I thought I'd add it to my own summer soap box mash-up. The Mad Hatter soap is a "mad" mix of scents - greens, celery, raisins, vanilla, peanut butter. It reminds me of the 'ants on a log' snack (take a stick of celery, smother in peanut butter, add raisins on top) and this soap actually smells really good (definitely notes of creamy peanut butter and vanilla in there).

The Belle body butter is described as a 'tropical paradise' - mandarin, lime, tangerine, kumquat, watermelon, green apples, coconut, pikaki. It does smell fruity, and I think I detect some rose notes in there as well. A very nice, sweet feminine scent overall.

This collection has a really unique selection of products (check out the Enchanted Apple bath bomb and Pinocchio bar soaps on the site) so they just might have what you're looking for if you want to add a dash of magic to your bath!

I Scream, You Scream bar soap sample (full size is $6.95)
A sample of soap from their summer line was also included in my order - and yes, this smells just like Neapolitan ice cream. Yum!

I did go over my $30 credit a bit picking up these four products, but they are all full-sized so should last a long time. I'm glad I got to try some items outside of their seasonal box offerings as well. Fortune Cookie Soap is still one of my favorite bath/body shops as they always have great products, really nice scents (and fun product names!).

2 comments:

  1. Everything looks so scrumptious!! I have yet to order from them because of the shipping costs, but I think I might have to bite the bullet at some point!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the shipping is a bit high, but I usually use my $10 coupon that comes in the soap box and that covers most of it.

      Delete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)