About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Monday, October 7, 2013

TVAL haul: Pumpkin Marshmallow

I don't think I've mentioned TVAL before, but it's an awesome Canadian company that makes handcrafted bath and body products, soaps, creams, and even mineral makeup! (Kinda like our own Canuck version of Lush). Years back, they had a shop on Queen St. in Toronto; I went there once and bought a TON of bath goodies, face creams/masks and lotion lovelies. Now they just have their main shop in St. John's, NL but they do online orders so you can enjoy their products anywhere in the world!

When autumn rolls around, they always make a fab fall scent in their smoothie line of products and when Pumpkin Marshmallow hit the shop, I think I must have been one of the first to order! Fall scents are my absolute fave, and yummy, spicy, comforting pumpkin is right up there.

Here's a look at what I got:

Pumpkin Marshmallow whipped sugar, body lotion (skin smoothie) and whipped shower sundae, Pumpkin Lavender wax
melt and samples!


Whipped Shower Sundae (120 ml - $8)

First up, the whipped shower sundae. What I love about this product is the texture - it is like thick, rich whipped cream and is so luxurious to use. Put it on a shower puff for great lather! The pumpkin scent in this is light but lingers after a wash.

Whipped Shower Sundae swatch
Body Lotion with Shea (60 ml -$6; 240 ml - $17)
The lotion is smooth and velvety, again with that intoxicating spicy pumpkin/sweet creamy marshmallow scent! It's definitely not overpowering though, just lightly perfumes your skin. The larger size comes with a pump which makes it easy to apply after shower or bath.

Whipped Sugar (120 ml - $8; 360 ml - $20)
I love sugar scrubs and TVAL is no exception. Fine granules of sugar exfoliate skin, leaving it soft, smooth and deliciously scented!

Soy Wax Melt - 6 cubes ($6)
Because I obviously can't get enough of autumn scents, I also threw these wax melts in with my order, in the scent pumpkin lavender. You just break off a cube and place it in a tart burner and it will scent a room for hours. I definitely smelled the notes of lavender and mixed with pumpkin it is very relaxing, warm and comforting (lavender is also great for when you have a headache). (I also spied the scent Chocolate L'Orange on the site - I wonder if that would smell like Terry's chocolate orange?!)

Samples - shower sundaes and hair mask.

TVAL also gives you free samples of their products with every order. In previous orders I've gotten face lotion, mineral makeup, body lotion and soap samples; with this order I received two shower sundaes (pumpkin marshmallow - probably 'cause they know I love it! Also, a sample of sweet coconut milk).  Aaaannnd, a sample of their famous hair mask, in the scent pink cotton candy (yum!)

If you're lucky enough to live in/near St. John's, you are lucky and can pop into this very cool store whenever you like, but for the rest of us the TVAL online shop is where you can treat yourself. They've got a ton of other product and scents I haven't mentioned (even unscented if that's your thing). For now though I will bask in pumpkin-y goodness!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of this and I've living in St. John's for years! I'm definitely going to have to check this out. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)