About Me

My photo
The 'B' List. A look at the beautiful things in life. This blog is devoted to that list. Join me on the journey, why don't you?

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Start the New Year hair-free with Epicare

2013 has come and gone and a new year is upon us. Pop the bubbly and celebrate! In this post, I'm reviewing a product that promises to help you stay hair-free this new year and beyond. Epicare is a Canadian-made facial hair remover product and the good folks at Nail Polish Canada sent me one to try out and review.

Epicare package

Back of package

Epicare is a threading product for use on very fine and short facial hair. It is reusable and comes in eight different colours - Fuchsia Pink, Girly Pink, Ocean Blue, Forest Green, Sunshine Yellow, Fiery Red, Timeless Black and Soothing Lavender. I received Timeless Black (colour of the handles).

The Epicare
You bend it in a horseshoe shape to use

Epicare is very flexible; it is basically very tightly coiled wire with plastic grip ends. To use it you just bend it in this upside-down 'u' shape shown here, and twist it gently while moving the epicare in an upward motion over the hair. (For a video demonstration, Nail Polish Canada has a 30 second video on their website).

I've only threaded once before (it was my eyebrows and I usually get them waxed) so I'm not overly familiar with threading but I gave it a shot and put epicare to the test!

Super fine upper lip hair
Using the epicare


After epicare

As you can see, epicare did a good job of removing the hair. My skin was quite dry after removal (and a tiny bit red) so I moisturized afterwards.

After putting on cream
It took about 5 or 6 tries of moving the epicare over the hairs to remove it completely. I'm sure with more use I will get the hang of it and then it will only take a couple of tries. When the hairs get pulled out by the wire it doesn't feel totally painless; it kind of felt like plucking my eyebrows, a tiny bit of pain that subsides after a minute. No bleeding and minimal irritation.

And just a tip, when you are finished you will notice the tiny hairs are caught in the wire - just pull on both ends of the epicare to stretch it and it should release the hairs.

So overall I like this product. It is pretty quick and easy and does the job, though it is only for use on short facial hair. It is not completely painless, but much less so than waxing and I love how it is reusable. I would recommend it especially if you regularly wax as it seems to be a good alternative.

If you are interested in purchasing your own epicare, Nail Polish Canada has them available ($15 each - choose your colour). In the US you can purchase at www.epicarehome.com (also $15 each).


Have you tried epicare before? Is this something you would consider using? Do you have a different method of facial hair removal that you prefer?



This product was sent to me by Nail Polish Canada at no charge for my consideration. All opinions are my own. 



1 comment:

Leave me your thoughts! I love to hear from followers and readers :)